Venice and the Croatian Coast - Summer 2022
Venice & The Croatian Coast – A Women Only Tour, Summer 2022
Designed for women, by women, journey from elegant Venice and along the Dalmatian Coast to spectacular Dubrovnik. Visit fairy-tale towns, discover lush islands, and marvel at dramatic landscapes as you connect with inspiring female entrepreneurs through unique Make Travel Matter Experiences on this women’s-only tour.
- Venice: Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 17:30, then enjoy a delightful Welcome Dinner at a nearby restaurant.
- Piran: Make your way to a seafront restaurant in the atmospheric Old Town of Piran and indulge in a Sea-to-Table lunch of the freshest seabass and seafood directly from the farm and seasoned to perfection.
- Barban: Enjoy a mouth-watering Farm-to-Table lunch in the medieval town of Barban hosted by three generations of women of the Zufic Family. Learn about Prstenac, a popular medieval jousting game they reintroduced to the community in 1976 and that became a highlight cultural event attracting thousands of visitors each year.
- Split: Meet mother and daughter Deana and Ivana Peric to taste their homemade cakes steeped in local folklore.
- Hvar: Meet Ivana Caric and join her for a wine tasting at her family’s wine cellar. Special grape varieties ideal for the local microclimate grow in their vineyards that are bordered by the original Greek dry walls.
- Hvar: Savour authentic flavours of local specialties at your Celebration Dinner as you raise a glass to your travels and the wonderful women of the Adriatic.
- Dining Summary: 12 breakfasts (B), 6 dinners with wine (DW), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT)
- Split: Choose to discover Diocletian’s Palace and the labyrinthine streets of the Old Town with a Local Expert. Alternatively, go on a walk with the local Domine organisation to uncover the stories of the women who helped shape Split’s history.
- Hvar: Choose a sustainable chocolate tasting with Fedra Gamulin, the founder of Faria Women’s Co-op. Alternatively, join Ivana Caric for a wine tasting at her family’s wine cellar.
- Korcula: Explore Korcula with Insight Choice. Choose to immerse yourself in nature as you join a Local Expert for a gentle hike in the healing nature surrounding Korcula Town. Alternatively, grab a sea-view spot and connect with your inner peace as you take part in a yoga class.
- Korcula: Immerse yourself in nature as you join a Local Expert for a gentle hike in the healing nature surrounding Korcula Town.
- Korcula: Grab a sea-view spot and connect with your inner peace as you take part in a yoga class.
- Ston: Meet a local oyster farmer and learn about the cultivation of oysters, before enjoying a delicious Sea-to-Table tasting of fresh shellfish and local wine.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices. The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
- Piran: Meet Irena Fonda, a passionate and awarded biologist carrying out important conservation work in the Gulf of Piran. Join her on a short boat ride to see her family’s fish farm and learn about their journey breeding sustainable Piran sea bass of the highest quality. This experience advances SDG 14: Life Below Water. Through their sustainable practices and monitoring work the Fonda family plays a significant role in the protection of the indigenous marine life in the Gulf of Piran.
- Plitvice National Park: Join a Local Expert to explore Plitvice National Park and learn how the site actively carries out research to monitor the natural habitat of species. This experience advances SDG 14: Life Below Water. The heritage site actively carries out studies to monitor and protect the natural habitat. It educates its visitors on the marine environment and best practices for a low-impact experience. This experience also advances SDG 15: Life On Land. The heritage site participates in habitat restoration and is constantly working to protect the parks natural ecosystems and animal population. This experience also advances SDG 11: Sustainable cities & Communities. The staff educate their visitors about local traditions and share their personal story of the village with great passion from personal knowledge and experience.
- Plitvice National Park: Meet the industrious women of the Tara Community Centre, who produce handicrafts enabling employment and engagement in the community. The Tara Centre advances SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities. Through its income the Tara Centre has built a small community centre that is used by the Tara Citizens’ Association, a collective of mostly older women, many of whom were refugees. There the women produce handicrafts which have giving them a much-needed financial and psychological boost. It also advances SDG 11: Sustainable cities & Communities. The staff educate their visitors about local traditions and share their personal story of the village with great passion from personal knowledge and experience.
- Zadar: Visit Brlog, Croatia’s first women-owned co-op brewery and try a selection of their natural craft beers. Hear the inspiring story of founders Maja Šepetavec and Ana Teskera and how they built their responsible social enterprise. This experience advances SDG 5: Gender Equality. Following their passion Maja and Ana opened the first female-led brewery in Croatia in a male dominated industry. Believing in equality and cooperation their aim is to bring together the best people to …
Welcome to Venice
The Magic of La Serenissima
Through Slovenia onto Croatia
Discover the Jewels of Istria
Pristine Plitvice National Park
The Dalmatian Coast to Split
Island Hopping to Hvar
Exploring the island of Hvar
Dubrovnik, the Pearl of the Adriatic
A Dazzling Finale