Country Roads of Scotland - Small Group, Preview 2022
Country Roads Of Scotland – Small Group, 2022
From the great capital of Edinburgh to the Orkney Islands and Skye, you’ll travel through 8,000 years of history and become immersed in Scotland’s rich cultural heritage.
- Blair Atholl: Visit Blair Castle and Gardens, which has been home to the Atholl family for over seven centuries, and tour the ballroom to learn about the history of the estate. Relish a delicious afternoon sipping on freshly brewed coffee or tea and tasting homemade scones with berry jam and sweet cream.
- Edinburgh: Enjoy a relaxing Welcome Dinner with wine at a local restaurant and get to know your fellow travellers.
- Glencoe: Your adventure culminates with a wonderful Celebration Dinner. Enjoy the best Highland hospitality and market-fresh ingredients accompanied by delicious wine or beer.
- Dining Summary: 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 8 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Wick: Choose between a visit to the Old Pulteney Distillery to taste a wee dram of whiskey, or alternatively, visit the highly rated Wick Heritage Museum, a Make Travel Matter experience, to gain a full picture of this once thriving fishing community and how your visit helps keep the story of this town alive. Wick Heritage Museum advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities. The Wick Society is committed to preserving and promoting Wick’s proud heritage for the inspiration of future generations. They collect, collate and display the many artefacts that tell the history of Wick and their community ethos is one of welcome and sharing.
- Orkney Isles: Cruise to the windswept Orkney Islands on a full day guided journey. Come face-to-face with relics spanning human history, from pagan stone circles to reminders of wartime tragedy. Join a local for a fascinating journey into the history of this remote part of the world.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Scottish countryside is some of the most majestic in the world. Admire the beauty of the Grampian Mountains, the North West Highlands, Skye, the Valley of Glencoe and Loch Lomond.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from ‘Chariots of Fire’ was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit this town, famous for its salmon leap.
- Inverness: See the River Ness, Inverness Castle and take in the scenery around you as you hear about the beauty and history behind Inverness.
- Highlands: At the exciting Culloden Visitor Centre, discover why the Battle of Culloden lasted only an hour yet changed the Highland way of life forever.
- Loch Ness: Drive along the shores in search of the legendary monster.
- John OGroats: Visit Britain’s most northerly, yet tiny, mainland village.
- Isle of Skye: See the dramatic Cuillin Hills and stay in pretty Broadford.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Loch Lomond: Enjoy time to explore the beautiful ‘Queen of Scottish Lochs’.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo’s Cathedral.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Edinburgh
Edinburgh, The Capital of Culture
To St. Andrews and the Highland Capital of Inverness
Culloden, Loch Ness and on to Thurso
A Day in the Orkney Islands
Over the Sea to Skye
Through the Scottish Highlands to Glencoe
Along the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond to Glasgow